How to remove Enterprise Vault Client manually from a Workstation
|Article:TECH53462|||||Created: 2007-01-12|||||Updated: 2013-03-26|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH53462|
In order to upgrade Enterprise Vault client extension, the client extension must be uninstalled completely and reinstalled utilizing the new version.
If the uninstall of Enterprise Vault Client was performed and are unable to install the new Enterprise Vault client version perform the following steps to manually remove the existing version.
2. Change to the C:\Program Files\KVS\EVClient directory or C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\EVClient depending on the version.
3. Type the following to unregister the Add-in:
4. From Add/Remove Program uninstall the Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-in Client.
5. Open regedit/regedt32 and confirm the following have been removed:
Note: If the workstation is shared with multiple users, each profile will have an entry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER. To confirm complete removal, confirm the \Software\KVS key is removed from each Profile under HKEY_USERS
6. Reboot PC.
7. Confirm that C:\Program files\KVS has been deleted or C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\EVClient depending on the version.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH53462