How to enable Debugging for a Macintosh Server
|Article:TECH54252|||||Created: 2007-01-17|||||Updated: 2014-04-03|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH54252|
How to enable Debugging to troubleshoot a Macintosh Server backup\restore
Remote Agent for Macintosh Server (RAMS)
- On the BE server:
- Open Debug Monitor on each server. For more detail on Debug Monitor see - http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO11932
- Select the following items from the main screen of Debug Monitor: Job Engine, RAWS, Agent Browser, Backup Exec Server, Device and Media, Catalog, Capture to File.
- Click Clear Log.
- Inside the Tools\Settings dialog, select Job Engine & Remote Agent on the left. Then select Enable Job Engine and Remote Agent Debug outside of SGMon. (Note this will remain in debug mode until this option is turned off)
- On the Remote Macintosh Server:
- Log onto the Macintosh server a ROOT (must be logged in as root)
- Open a terminal session on the Macintosh server
- Type the following command to ensure the dynamic libraries can be searched for in the /opt/VRTSralus directory:
- # export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/VRTSralus/bin
- Type following command to change directory to /opt/VRTSralus/bin:
- # cd /opt/VRTSralus/bin
- Start VRTSralus in debug mode:
- # ./beremote --log-file-auto (from the same shell)
NOTE : All the command mentioned above are case sensitive.
Remote servers - /var/VRTRalus or /var/log
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH54252