Option to Enable Auditing not available when right clicking 'Directory on' in the Enterprise Vault Admin console
|Article:TECH55267|||||Created: 2009-01-06|||||Updated: 2012-10-18|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH55267|
When following the steps to enable auditing, the option to Enable Auditing is not available. If there is an EVAudit entry in the System DSN tab of the ODBC connections control panel on the EV server, then the option to enable auditing will not be available. When selecting the properties of the Enterprise Vault server, selecting the Auditing tab will state that auditing has not been enabled.
If running Windows Server x64 edition, the 32 bit version of Odbcad32.exe under the "%SystemDrive%\Windows\SysWoW64" folder must be used.
3. Click Add then click SQL Server, enter EVAudit for the name and select the SQL server from the drop down list.
5. The option to Enable Auditing should now be available when right clicking 'Directory on' in the Enterprise Vault Admin console.
EnterpriseVaultAudit database does not exist
1. Open the ODBC connections control panel then click the System DSN tab and check for EVAudit. If it exists, remove the entry.
If the option to enable auditing is still not available follow the steps below.
1. Perform a backup of the SQL databases.
Note: Deleting the EnterpriseVaultAudit database will remove any historical audit data.
2. Open SQL Enterprise Manager(SQL 2000) or SQL Server Management Studio(SQL 2005 or SQL 2008) and if there is an EnterpriseVaultAudit database, delete the database.
4. Auditing should now be available on the properties of the Enterprise Vault server.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH55267