One or more Lotus Domino Databases are missing in the Backup Selection List
|Article:TECH56349|||||Created: 2007-01-20|||||Updated: 2012-09-21|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH56349|
Backup Exec selection does not list all the Lotus Domino Databases at the time of creating backup jobs
Lotus Domino .
This issue might be observed when the Change Journal used by Backup Exec is unable to list some or all of the Lotus Databases.
1. On the Lotus Domino server delete the NotesDB*.ucj found in the following directory as shown in Figure 1.
- "Program files\Veritas\Backup Exec\RANT\LOGS" in Backup Exec 10d
- "Program files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\LOGS" in Backup Exec 11D and above
NOTE: Deleting these files will prevent the use of Windows Change Journal while enumerating the databases and will also facilitate re-scanning the drive for Lotus Databases. The NotesDb*.ucj file maintains a list of the Lotus databases present on the drive. The '*' is replaced by the local drive letter which is referenced by this file.
2. Stop and restart the Backup Exec Remote Agent service on the Domino server
3. Within the Backup Exec Interface on the media server, click on 'Tools | Backup Exec Services' and re-start all Backup Exec Services.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH56349