How to use the Deployment Scanner to gather the necessary preliminary information for an Enterprise Vault Support case
|Article:TECH58232|||||Created: 2008-01-05|||||Updated: 2012-11-22|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH58232|
Included in this article are the steps to enable and run the Deployment Scanner from the Administration Console.
For a demonstration of these steps refer to Related Article:
HOWTO74467 - Demo: How to Gather Information with the Deployment Scanner
1. Open the Vault Administration Console on the Enterprise Vault Server as the Vault Service Account (make sure you are logged on as the Vault Service Account, or use 'Run As' to open it with that account) and then select your Enterprise Vault Site in the left hand pane.
Note: If you have installed the Administration Console separately on a remote server, then you can instead install the Deployment Scanner from the Enterprise Vault installation files, run the executable as the Vault Service Account and then skip straight to step 5.
2. Select 'Advanced Features' from the Tools menu.
3. Expand your Enterprise Vault Site and then the Enterprise Vault Servers section.
4. Right click the Enterprise Vault server that you want to run it against and choose 'Deployment Scanner'.
5. Choose the option 'Gather information about your environment and store it in a .cab file for Symantec Technical Support to analyze' and then choose 'Next'.
6. Remove any checkboxes that correspond to functionality that is not relevant to the problem and then choose 'Next'.
7. Optionally provide your support case number and configure the number of logs captured, or just simply press 'Next'.
8. Note the location of the *.cab file which will contain all the information gathered and then choose 'Finish'.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH58232