Unable to see remote Exchange 2007 Information Store when browsing the backup selection list.
|Article:TECH58430|||||Created: 2009-01-28|||||Updated: 2011-11-23|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH58430|
Unable to see remote Exchange 2007 Information Store when browsing the backup selection list
When creating a backup job and browsing the selection list for a remote Exchange 2007 64-Bit server, the Information Store is not listed in the selection list (Figure 1)
1. Confirm the Servcies are running with the correct accounts.
On the Media Server ,ensure all Backup Exec services (except Backup Exec Remote Agent) are running under Domain Administrator account and the Backup Exec Remote Agent service is running under Local System Account.
On the Exchange Server,ensure the Backup Exec Remote Agent service is running under the Local System Account.
If these services are not running under proper logon account, please modify them to use the proper credentials as above and restart all Backup Exec services.
bedsxese.dll could not be loaded: (null) is not a valid Win32 application.
bedsmbox.dll could not be loaded: (null) is not a valid Win32 application.
bedspush.dll could not be loaded: The specified module could not be found.
3. Please verify that the account used to backup exchange databases has following rights:
* Exchange Organization Administrators
* Exchange Recipient Administrators
* Exchange View-Only Administrators
* Exchange Server Administrators
For more Information on creating a Unique Account,refer to document TECH51740 in Related Documents section below.
* Verify that the Backup Exec "Logon Account" being used to backup Exchange is Unique within Exchange Organization. For Example the account "admin" is not Unique. For more Information on creating a Unique Account,refer to document 256537 in Related Documents section below.
Value: VFF Extended Timeout
set the VFF Extended Timeout to 600 seconds (i.e. 600 Decimal value).
If the 32-Bit version is listed, replace with the 64-Bit version which can be found on the Microsoft Exchange 2007 installation disk or by re-downloading the MAPI/CD. Note that for MAPI to load correctly, the version of MAPI32.dll under c:\windows\system32 should match the version of MAPISTUB.dll under the same folder.
If the MAPI32 version is correct on both the Media server and Exchange Server depending upon the architecture and still the Information Store is not visible in backup selections, follow the below steps
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH58430