If the Backup Exec Archiving Option's Enterprise Vault silent configuration fails during the installation of Backup Exec, the Backup Exec Installation Wizard notate's the failure during the installation. To determine the extent of the failure, launch the BKUPINST.HTM installation log file when prompted at the end of the Backup Exec Installation Wizard. The following notations appear in the installation log file: <date of install><time of install>:ERROR:EVRunDLL.exe process has returned error code 54. <date of install><time of install>:Review silent configuration log file in C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Enterprise Vault\Reports for more details To determine the cause of the configuration failure, review the silent configuration log file in the install directory: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Enterprise Vault\Reports.
After rectifying the cause of the failure, re-run the Backup Exec Archiving Option/Enterprise Vault silent configuration by performing the following steps:
1) Open the Windows Services Manager.
2) Double-click the Enterprise Vault Admin Service.
3) Click the Log On tab. Select the option, Log on as: Local System account.
4) Click OK.
5) Stop the Enterprise Vault Admin Service.
6) Open a Windows command prompt.
7) Copy the EVRundll command, along with the entire path notated in the BKUPINST.HTM installation log file, and then paste it at the command prompt. For example, "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Enterprise Vault\EVRunDLL.exe" Snapin.DLL,RunDllSilent
8) Press Enter. The silent configuration can take two to five minutes to finish. After the configuration finishes, the following services should be present:
- Enteprise Vault Admin Service
- Enteprise Vault Directory Store
- Enteprise Vault Indexing Service
- Enteprise Vault Storage Service
- Enteprise Vault Task Controller Service
9) Start all Enterprise Vault services. Check the silent configuration log file in the install directory to determine if the silent configuration successfully completed. C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Enterprise Vault\Reports
A. If the silent configuration again fails, create an Enterprise Vault Dtrace log to troubleshoot the issue. See Symantec TechNote 345191 in the Related Documents Section below. Use the option to generate a log file for the command, EVRunDll.exe to create the Dtrace log.
B. If the Backup Exec media server does not have access to the Internet at the time the silent configuration is re-run, use Regedit to create a "DirectoryTimeout" REG_DWORD Value in the registry before re-running the silent configuration. To create the "DirectoryTimeout" REG_DWORD value:
Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.
1) Start Regedit.
2) Navigate to the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Silent Configuration
NOTE: On 64-bit media servers, navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432NOde\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Silent Configuration
3) Create a REG_DWORD entry called DirectoryTimout.
4) Assign it a Decimal value of 300.
5) Close Regedit.
6) Re-run the silent configuration using the steps provided above.