Enterprise Vault Compliance or Discovery Accelerator exports do not complete and display a status of "Retrying"
|Article:TECH62848|||||Created: 2008-01-27|||||Updated: 2013-01-24|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH62848|
Enterprise Vault (EV) Compliance Accelerator (CA) or Discovery Accelerator (DA) exports do not complete and display a status of "Retrying"
Event Source: Accelerator Service Processor
Event Category: None
Event ID: 236
APP AT - Customer ID: 2 - [ExportPST] - Error moving MSG to PST for run 'Export_Name' Number moved: 357. System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004011B): Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004011B
at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Interop.PSTProviderClass.AddMsgToPST(String bsMsgFileName, String TargetFolderPath, String CustomPropName, String CustomPropValue, Int32 bRemoveCustomProps)
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
The following symptoms may apply:
- Export never finishes and appears to hang with a status of Retrying
- Export fails and creates a 'Failed Items' folder. PST is not present, only .msg files.
- The above event error is present in the Symantec Enterprise Vault Event Log.
This issue presents itself when the following conditions are true:
- The items being exported contain many recipients and/or many attachments. *Typically hundreds of recipients or attachments
- A non-supported version of Microsoft Outlook is installed on the EV, CA, or DA server
- No version of Microsoft Outlook is installed on the EV, CA, or DA server
Examples of unsupported versions of Microsoft Outlook are:
- Service Pack 3 (SP3) for Outlook 2003 without the post Outlook 2003 SP3 hotfix packages and registry values
- Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Outlook 2007 without the proper registry values
Microsoft Outlook versions starting with 2003 SP3 have a default limitation on the number of recipient or attachments that will be displayed. Registry values must be put into place on the Enterprise Vault, Compliance Accelerator, and Discovery Accelerator to allow more recipients or attachments than the default limitation within Outlook.
Ensure a supported version of Microsoft Outlook is installed on all EV, CA, and DA servers.
For all versions of Microsoft Outlook that are supported to work with EV, refer to the Symantec Enterprise Vault (tm) Compatibility Charts document in TECH38537 (see the Related Articles section below).
Error moving MSG to PST - Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004011B
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH62848