Windows Server 2008 Active Directory backup with Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) fails with "Access Denied"
|Article:TECH63391|||||Created: 2010-01-21|||||Updated: 2013-03-08|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH63391|
Windows Server 2008 Active Directory backup with Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) fails with:
V-79-57344-33928 - Access Denied. Cannot backup directory \Active Directory\DC=domainname and its subdirectories.
The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.
Use Windows Server 2008 internal backup utility to test system state backup of an affected domain controller. Please follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click Start, click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
- If prompted, in the User Account Control dialog box, provide Backup Operator credentials, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
- To use Wbadmin.exe, Windows Server Backup must be installed.
- The target volume for a system state backup can be a local drive, but it cannot be any of the volumes that are included in the backup by default.
Access Denied. Cannot backup directory \Active Directory\DC=domainname and its subdirectories.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH63391