The Backup Exec Server service (beserver.exe) consumes an excessive amount of memory and shows high CPU Utilization
|Article:TECH65014|||||Created: 2008-01-11|||||Updated: 2012-03-07|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH65014|
The Backup Exec Server service (beserver.exe) consumes an excessive amount of memory and shows high CPU Utilization.
Excerpts from CRF.Log found in C:\Documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\CRF
show the following repetitive occurrences
11/11/2008 02:28:59 : Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (C:\Documents and Settings\itadmin\Local Settings\Temp\cb9f12088b31487fbbfe2f80b83bf668\web.config line 9)
11/11/2008 02:28:59 : Initializing reporting engine.
This issue occurs when there is an issue with the Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2005 or Microsoft .Net Framework not functioning properly.
2. Uninstall the Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2005 using Add/Remove Program or the ReportViewer.exe from the following link
NOTE: This issue can also occur if Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2008 is installed, but the 2005 version is not. The two versions can coexist on the same server. If this is the case then installing the Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2005 version will resolve the issue.
If the issue occurs on a Windows Server 2008 R2 system:
Remove Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5SP1 from Server Manager using "Remove Features" and then add it back using "Add Features".
1. Go to the Programs and Features control panel
2. In the Programs and Features control panel, click the link on the left named View Installed Updates.
3. Find the product named Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and uninstall it
4. Restart the server.
5. To reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 click on the link below
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH65014