"Error E710004: Registry Key Target_Hive_software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion registered owner not found on system" occurs when attempting a RAO (Restore Anywhere Option) restore
|Article:TECH65654|||||Created: 2008-01-02|||||Updated: 2014-08-21|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH65654|
"Error E710004: Registry Key Target_Hive_software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion registered owner not found on system" occurs when attempting a RAO (Restore Anywhere Option) restore.
When recovering a system with the Restore Anyware Option (RAO), the error "E710004: Registry Key Target_Hive_software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion registered owner not found on system" is experienced.
The registry has no entries for the system owner located at:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version
As seen in the illustration shown below.
Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried -out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.
The string values "RegisteredOrganization" and "RegisteredOwner" must have a name entered in them.
Scenario 1: Migration or Test Restore
In the event this error occurs where the original source system is still functioning, such as in a migration or a disaster recovery test, make the registry modifications on the source system and run the backup again.
Scenario 2: Disaster Recovery
1. In the event of a disaster recovery where the original source system is no longer available, recover the system from the SRD without choosing "Use Restore Anyware"
2. Do not reboot.
3. Go back to the "Home" screen.
4. Select Analyze then "Open Command Shell Window"
5. In the command prompt type regedit and then press ENTER
6. Highlight "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
7. Select File | Load Hive...
8. Select the file called software in "C:\Windows\System32\Config"
9. When prompted for a key name, use Load-system-hive
10. Locate the key value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | Local-system-hive | Software | Microsoft | Windows NT | CurrentVersion
11. Modify RegisteredOrganization and RegisteredOwner to have any value with letters a-z or numbers 1-9.
12. Select Local-system-hive, then select File | Unload Hive...
13. Run a "Cold Backup" from the SRD.
14. Recover the server again using the cold backup and select "Use Restore Anyware"
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH65654