Install of Backup Exec System Recovery ( BESR ) 2010 fails on Windows Server 64 bit OS with a popup of Windows installer command switches.
|Article:TECH66576|||||Created: 2009-01-08|||||Updated: 2010-10-27|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH66576|
Installation of Backup Exec System Recovery ( BESR ) 2010 fails on Windows Server 64 bit OS with a popup of Windows installer command switches.
- When attempting to Install Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) 2010 from its product CD on Windows Server 64 bit a popup of Windows installer command switches as seen below appears and ends the install process:
- There are more then one possible cause to this error during an install attempt, so at this time there is no one solution to resolve this issue. Please review the following suggested workarounds and related documents below. If the issue persists please contact Symantec Technical Support for further assistance.
Install BESR using the Microsoft utility msiexec from the command line -
1. Click Start | Run and type CMD and press Enter to open a command prompt window.
2. In the command prompt window, use the cd (i.e. 'Change directory') command to change the directory to BESR installation directory
(e.g. cd \D:\install).
3. Run the msiexec utility to install BESR by typing the following command and press enter
msiexec /i "Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery.msi" pqpush=y
Be sure that the latest build/update of the Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) product is being installed.
To be kept inform of the latest product updates please subscribe to our Email Bulletin Service:
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH66576