This hotfix contains a recommended fix for Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server (CPS) 11d
Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server (CPS) 11d build 40740 - Continuous Management Server (CMS)
Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server (CPS) 11d build 40740 - Continuous Protection Agent (CPA)
- Administrative privileges are required to install this hotfix.
- Symantec recommends that you back up your systems before proceeding.
- The "Continuous Protection Agent" on the remote servers will need to be updated after installing this hotfix.
The Backup Destination in a Continuous Protection Server (CPS) setup displays files with very old creation dates even when the CPS backup jobs are completing with no errors in the Synchronization phase. For more details, please refer to this document http://support.veritas.com/docs/308761
To which versions of Symantec Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server (tm) can this Hotfix be applied?
This Hotfix should be applied only to the following version* of Backup Exec Continuous Protection Servers:
Backup Exec 11d Continuous Protection Server Build 40740 with Hotfix 1 applied.
To verify that the CPS servers are patched upto HF1, confirm that all the CPS servers show the Version as 11.1.407.5801 in the CPS console.
1. Close the Admin console on the CPS Management Server (CMS).
2. Obtain the Hotfix by clicking the 'Download Now" link at the bottom of this TechFile. Choose to "Save" the file to a temp folder on the CMS Server.
3. Stop each of the Backup Exec CPS services.
4. Run the executable on the CMS Server to install the Hotfix.
5. If a prompt requesting a reboot does not appear on screen, a reboot is still required.
6. Upon reboot, ensure the CPS Admin console reports Version 11.0.407.6701 for the CMS Server to which the Hotfix has just been applied.
7. "Push" the Hotfix via the CPS Admin console to the remaining Continuous Protection Agent (CPA) Servers in the Backup Group. Ensure that these remote CPA servers also have the HF1 applied before push installing the HF2. Should a "push" attempt to any CPA Server be unsuccessful, copy the downloaded executable file to the problem CPA Server and run the Hotfix from that machine locally. Reboot the CPA Server after installation.
Uninstalling this hotfix
Once this Hotfix has been applied, it cannot be uninstalled without uninstalling the entire Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server application.
All CPS files will be updated to Version 11.0.407.6701 after applying the patch.