Error ECA303EE: Specified path source srd does not contain valid Symantec Recovery Disk (SRD) folder when attempting to make a customized recovery CD.
|Article:TECH69976|||||Created: 2009-01-26|||||Updated: 2013-10-26|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH69976|
Custom recovery disk wizard fails with the following error when attempting to read the SRD CD.
ECA303EE: Specified path source Symantec Recovery Disk does not contain valid Symantec Recovery Disk folder.
There are more then one root cause to this error please review the considerations and suggestions in the solution section below.
- Be sure that the CD inserted into the drive for the wizard to use is an actual Symantec Recovery disk (SRD) obtained from fileconnect for this specific version and build.
- In some cases this error has occurred due to regional languages issues. Obtain and install an updated build of the product and use the updated default recovery disk to create the needed custom recovery disk.
- Verify that the CD being used by the custom SRD wizard is not the Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery product install CD.
- Reburn the default Symantec Recovery disk that will be used by the custom recovery disk wizard at a slower speed. Do not use an overwritable media.
- If the issue persists try using a different system to run the custom SRD wizard.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH69976