After upgrading Enterprise Vault nodes in a Microsoft Cluster Server, registry values revert to pre-upgrade values
|Article:TECH70138|||||Created: 2009-01-30|||||Updated: 2011-03-10|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH70138|
When Enterprise Vault (EV) resources in a Microsoft Cluster Server (MSCS) are brought back online after an upgrade, MSCS replication causes values in the EV registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault" to revert back to pre-upgrade values.
- Go to Start | Run, type regedit, and click OK.
- Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\KVS (or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\KVS on 64-bit servers)
- Highlight Enterprise Vault, go to File > Export, and save the key to a .reg file.
- Bring the EV cluster resources online on the updated node using Cluster Administrator.
- While the services are online on the node, import the .reg file saved in step 3 by double-clicking it to overwrite the pre-upgrade values with the proper values.
when upgrading MSCS cluster EV registry values are reverted to previous version values on EV resource is started
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH70138