Ensure that the Backup Exec Services Account has the required permissions and verify in the Windows Services Applet, all BEWS services are running under the appropriate LOG ON ACCOUNT.
Note:When Backup Exec is initially installed, logon credentials for the services and System Logon Account must be entered for the installation to complete. This account is required for the Backup Exec Services to startup, to be able to launch/use the user interface and for multiple other functions to operate properly. If for any reason changes are made to this account or if the Backup Exec Installation is modified in an unsupported manner, Backup Exec may not function properly and jobs, updates, or upgrades may fail to complete with various errors.
Listed below are steps that can be performed to resynchronize the Backup Exec for Windows Servers System Logon/Service account and installation, to potentially return it to the state it was in when the software was initially installed.
1. Go to Network, Logon Accounts and note the account listed as the System Logon Account. If none present, create one by clicking the System Account button.
2. Ensure that the account noted earlier has full administrative rights and permission as per the following article on the local machine and/or domain and is only a member of the administrative groups (to eliminate Group Policy issues).
Requirements for the Backup Exec Service Account (BESA)
Logoff and re-log in on to the media server with the BESA user name and password.
3. Go back to Network, Logon Accounts. Highlight the System Logon Account and then click the Edit Button. Click "Change password" and enter the password that was used to log back on to the machine with. Click OK.
4. Launch the Windows Services Applet. Set all of the Backup Exec Services to "Log on as" the Local System Account.
5. In the Backup Exec Interface, click the Tools drop down menu and select "Backup Exec Services". Click the Services credentials button. Click "Change service account information" enter the credentials/password which matches that of the System Logon Account, then click OK. Restart all the services.