1. Right click on a computer from the Manager Console.
2. Select 'Client Options'.
3. Select 'Management Control'.
4. Select the 'Verbose Logging' option at the bottom of the page.
5. Reproduce the error/issue and then run the 'Gather BESRM Logs' batch file on the server and client to gather all client and server logs. Zip and send these logs to Symantec Technical Support.
1. On the BESRM Manager server, stop the BESRM Database Service and the BESRM Web Service.
2. In Notepad, edit the log4j.properties - \Program files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\manager\services\tomcat\WebApps\axis\WEB-INF\classes.
3. Search and replace the uppercase word WARN with the uppercase word INFO.
Locate the line: log4j.appender.LOGFILE.MaxFileSize=10MB and set the 10MB to 256MB.
Locate the line: log4j.appender.LOGFILE.MaxBackupIndex=1 and set the 1 to 10.
4. Save it as a text file without a .txt extension.
5. Start the BESRM Services.
6. Reproduce the error/issue again with the verbose logging enabled. Run the "Gather BESRM Logs" batch file on both the client and server. Zip and send these logs to Symantec Technical Support.