1. Login to the Linux server as " root"
a. Can use putty.exe
b. Can be at the console directly.
2. Stop the RALUS agent by running the following command.
/etc/init.d/VRTSralus.init stop (Figure 1)
3. From root, type at the console prompt, type cd /opt/VRTSralus/bin to change directories. (Figure 2)
4. Run the Symantec Tape Library Simulator Utility by typing ./mktls at the system console. (Figure 3)
5. Select option 1. Create an new simulated tape library and hit Enter
6. On the next screen provide the path to a folder on the local Linux Server where the Virtual Tape Library files needs to be created. (Figure 4)
7. Select the number of slots maximum 50 slots can be created
8. The size of the virtual tapes by default remains 100GB and cannot be altered.
9. Hit Enter to accept the settings and the virtual tape library is created.
10. Start the RALUS agent by running the following command (Figure 5)
1. Open Backup Exec and go to the Devices tab.
2. On the Devices tab Highlight the Server Name and then on the Navigation pane click on "Add remote media agent". (Figure 6)
3. Enter the IP address of the Linux server and select the correct logon account for the Linux server and click OK (Figure 7)(Figure 8)
4. Now restart the Backup Exec services
5. Now the entries for the Virtual Tape Library will be found under the Devices tab.(Figure 9)
6. Make sure to Label the tapes and run an inventory before any job runs.
Note: Add remote media Agent option will only be available if the same is installed on media server. It can be installed by using Tools--Options--Install Options and license keys on this media server.