Pre-requisites for the logon account used to backup Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS 2007 / MOSS 2010.
|Article:TECH75907|||||Created: 2009-01-23|||||Updated: 2011-08-25|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH75907|
Pre-requisites for logon account for SharePoint backups and Backup Exec Service Account (BESA) to backup Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007 / MOSS 2010.
1. Local Administrator on the WebServer and Database Server.
2. The account should be part Sharepoint Farm Administrators Group. To add the account to the Farm Administrators group please refer the document below.
3. The account should be "Site Collection Administrator" at the top-level site. To make the account a "Site Collection Administrator" refer the document below.
4. The account should have "db_owner" role on the Content databases. To provide "db_owner" role on the Sharepoint database refer the document below.
5. For disaster recovery it's recommended to backup the SQL instance, and the system databases along with the SharePoint DBs.
NOTE : Eventually only one account can be Site Collection Administrator [ Owner ] in Sharepoint . So , Locations might not prefer to change that account to BESA . Rather , add Site Collection Administrator in Backup Exec and then assign all the BESA privilages to that account and then accordingly add permissions on SQL server as well.
Backup Exec cannot restore the security for Failed to set security on List item . Ensure that the logon account has the appropriate credentials, and then try again.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH75907