How to configure the EV (Enterprise Vault) Agent Logging Level
|Article:TECH76499|||||Created: 2009-01-10|||||Updated: 2011-06-02|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76499|
Configuring Enterprise Vault (EV) agent logging level in Backup Exec.
To enable the EV Agent Logging Level using SGMon:
- Click on Tools ->Settings -> and under agents, select "Enterprise Vault debugging"
To enable EV debugging by directly editing registry:
Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.
1. Launch Regedit.
2. Browse to HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\EV Agent\Settings. Make sure the following DWORD value exists and if it does not, create it:
Possible Values: 1 to 4. Default - 0
Below are the log level details:
0 - No logging
1 - Reports Error
2 - General information like variable values, return values of functions.
3 - Function entering/exiting.
4 - Dump the XML/log files which are generated by agent for internal processing.
* The above enables the logging for EV, Accelerator, and BEAO (Backup Exec Archiving Option) protection. This key is also created by the RAWS (Remote Agent) install.
The above keys are applicable for agent running:
1) EV 8.0 and above protection ( x86/x64)
2) Accelerator Protection ( x86/x64)
Note: This is not applicable for EV 7.0-SP1 or EV 7.5 protection.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76499