How to move version 8.x, 9.x or 10.x Discovery Accelerator and Analytics databases to a new logical drive on the same SQL server.
|Article:TECH78528|||||Created: 2010-01-04|||||Updated: 2014-02-25|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH78528|
How to move version 8.x, 9.x or 10.x Discovery Accelerator (DA) and Analytics databases to a new logical drive on the same SQL server.
When the creation of the Analytics database on a Case or Research Folder is time prohibited, then moving the Analytics database may be preferred.
There are certain restrictions to moving the Analytics database:
- Analytics folders and files must be on a local drive
- Analytics folders and files must not be located at the root level of the local drive
- Analytics folders and files must be located on the same SQL server as the DA customer database
- The requirements and steps must be followed according to Microsoft's knowledge based article on 'How to move, copy, and back up full-text catalog folders and files http://support.microsoft.com/kb/240867
Moving the DA customer and Analytics database(s) to a new logical drive on the same SQL server
1. Ensure that full-text indexing is not currently in the process of enabling/disabling any Case or Research Folder. The following query, run against the DA customer database, should return no results before continuing with the move of databases.
SELECT CaseID, [Name], AnalyticsStatusID FROM tblCase WHERE AnalyticsStatusID NOT IN (851, 856)
2. Create a folder location on the new local drive for Analytics. The DA database can reside here as well.
3. Stop the Enterprise Vault Accelerator Service (EVAMS)
4. Detach the DA customer database
5. Move the Analytics database(s) and folders to the new folder location on the new local drive
6. Move the DA customer database and transaction log(s) to the new drive location
7. Attach the DA customer database, log files and Analytics databases to SQL
- each Analytics database (ndf) will need to be pointed to its new folder location
When SQL popup window asks if you want to locate the full-text catalogs, select YES
- point each of the full text catalogs to their new location.
8. Start the EVAMS
9. Open the EVBAAdmin webpage
10. Open the properties page of the DA customer and edit the SQL Server and the Database Locations For Analytics
11. Restart the EVAMS
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH78528