Obtaining an update or an upgrade for a Symantec Corporate product
|Article:TECH79889|||||Created: 2002-01-22|||||Updated: 2010-08-19|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH79889|
A knowledge base document shows that a new build (update) is available for the current version of a Symantec product you have installed. The update may solve a problem that you have. You want to know how to obtain the update.
To download product information and new builds
- Go to the Symantec FileConnect Web site.
- Click your language to log on to the FileConnect system.
- In the Serial Number box, type the serial number that is printed on your certificate or upgrade insurance notice, and then click Login.
If you do not know your serial number, contact Symantec Enterprise Customer Service.
- On the End User License Agreement Web page, click I Agree.
- Under Products, click the product version that you want to download.
You will select the specific build that you want to download on a later screen.
- Select a download method, and then click Continue.
- Select the file for the build that you want to download, and then click Download.
Customers without a support contract
To purchase a current version of a Symantec product, go to the Symantec PartnerNet Locator Web site to locate a Symantec Partner.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH79889