Licensing Symantec Brightmail AntiSpam 6.X
|Article:TECH82843|||||Created: 2004-01-02|||||Updated: 2008-01-30|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH82843|
You want to know the process to license Symantec Brightmail Antispam 6.x when you have upgraded from a previous version of Brightmail product, or renewed an existing license for Symantec Brightmail Antispam 6.x.
Symantec Brightmail AntiSpam 6.x uses the Symantec Licensing File (SLF). This is different from the previous Brightmail versions that used license keys to validate your account status.
If you are upgrading from Brightmail 6.0 to Symantec Brightmail 6.X:
- If the Brightmail Scanner that you are installing does not include a Brightmail Server, you do not need to install a license file (also called registering).
- You can use the version 6.0 key until it expires. For information on how to do that, read Uninstalling Brightmail version 6.0 and installing Symantec Brightmail Version 6.0.1 using an existing 6.0 license key
You must register with Symantec to receive a license file. A license file must be installed to unlock program functionality.
To obtain a license file
- Locate the serial number on your Symantec certificate or upgrade insurance notice. A serial number starts with a letter and is followed by 10 numbers. The certificate does not ship with the software. It is mailed to you separately. Following is a picture of a sample certificate with the serial number circled in red:
- Go to the Licensing and Registration Web site.
- Fill out the online forms, starting with the serial number. A license file (compressed in .zip format) will be sent to the email address that you provide when you register.
- Check your email and save the attached (.zip) file.
- Uncompress (unzip) the license (.slf) file. You may need third-party software, such as WinZip or PKZip to uncompress the license file. For instructions on how to download and unzip files, read the document How to zip and unzip files.
- Save the .slf file and make note of its location so that you can install it.
Installing a license file
Installing the license file, also referred to as registering in the program interface, unlocks program functionality. If the program is not registered, the Brightmail Scanner cannot receive new AntiSpam Filters. Also, when you attempt to start an unregistered Brightmail Scanner using the Brightmail Control Center, it remains disabled.
You can install the license file during a Symantec Brightmail Scanner server installation or after the installation completes.
See the KB article How to Register and Activate Symantec Brightmail Message Filter for details on how to activate the Brightmail Scanner.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH82843