Control Center installer does not install and you see no installer after installing Service Pack 1 for Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008
|Article:TECH83303|||||Created: 2005-01-07|||||Updated: 2012-01-27|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH83303|
Service Pack 1 for Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008 is installed. When you run the installer for Symantec Brightmail AntiSpam, the Control Center does not install. An associated error is often found in the Windows Application Event Log. The text of the entry reads:
"Source: Application Error
Event ID: 1000
Faulting application bcc_install_win.exe, version 188.8.131.52, faulting module bcc_install_win.exe, version 184.108.40.206, fault address 0x000109d0."
This is a known issue Symantec Brightmail Message Filter 6.x and Symantec Message Filter 6.3.
Change the My Computer properties to add "Turn on Dep for all programs and services except for those I select".
To change the properties of My Computer
- On the desktop, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
- In the Performance Options dialog box, on the Data Execution Prevention tab, click Turn on Dep for all programs and services except for those I select.
- Click Add.
- In the Open dialog box, go to the directory where the installation files are and locate the file bcc_installer_win.exe in the root of the Control Center folder.
- Click bcc_installer_win.exe, and then click Apply.
- Continue the installation of the Control Center.
If you recently installed Service Pack 1 for 2003 Server, there is a new security feature (Data Execution Prevention) that may prevent the Control Center from installing.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH83303