Guidelines on how to install and configure the Spam Quarantine for Symantec Mail Security 4.1 for SMTP
|Article:TECH83502|||||Created: 2005-01-29|||||Updated: 2010-09-25|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH83502|
You need general guidelines about how to install and configure Spam Quarantine for Symantec Mail Security 4.1 for SMTP.
The following steps provide a basic guideline for the installation and configuration of Spam Quarantine.
To install Spam Quarantine
- On the Windows taskbar, click Start > Programs > Accessories > Windows Explorer.
- In the left pane, open the following folder:
<cd or download directory>\Windows\Tools\Symantec_Premium_AntiSpam\Spam_Quarantine_Installer\Win2K\
- In the right pane, double-click Install.bat.
If the installation fails when you install onto Windows 2003 Server, read Installation of Premium AntiSpam Quarantine fails on Windows 20003 Server with SP1.
Note: If your download did not contain the spam quarantine installer then use Spam_Quarantine_W2K.zip to download. Unzip the file and run the Install.bat.
To configure Spam Quarantine
- Configure Spam Quarantine to receive and reinsert spam and misidentified spam.
Read Configuring spam quarantine in Symantec Mail Security for SMTP 4.1.
- Configure Light.
- To configure LDAP users to log on and view their spam, read How to enable LDAP users to access Brightmail Quarantine with Symantec Mail Security for SMTP 4.1.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH83502