How to update Symantec Gateway Security 1600 Series appliances to version 3.0.1 with LiveUpdate
|Article:TECH84525|||||Created: 2006-01-24|||||Updated: 2012-04-29|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH84525|
You need instructions to use the Security Gateway Management Interface (SGMI) to update your Symantec Gateway Security 1600 Series appliance to version 3.0.1.
To upgrade your Symantec Gateway Security 1600 Series appliance through the SGMI
- In the SGMI, in the left pane, under System, click Configuration.
- In the right pane, on the Application Live Update tab, click Check for Updates.
- In the Warning message box, click OK.
- In the Check for LiveUpdates message box, click OK.
- Under Available Updates, click 2006042500(SGS 1600 3.0.1 Upgrade).
- Click Install > Selected Package.
- In the Application LiveUpdate message box, click OK.
- In the Reboot Required message box, do one of the following:
- To restart your security gateway and apply the update immediately, click Yes.
- To restart your security gateway and apply the update at a later time, click No.
The LiveUpdate process is complete. When you restart the security gateway, the appliance applies the 3.0.1 upgrade. The process to apply the upgrade takes between 1 minute and 5 minutes.
Note: If you must perform a CD restore at any point after you upgrade to version 3.0.1, you must re-apply the upgrade.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH84525