Release notes for Patch 171 for Symantec Mail Security for SMTP 5
|Article:TECH84870|||||Created: 2006-01-15|||||Updated: 2008-01-06|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH84870|
This is a copy of the release notes for Patch 171 for Symantec Mail Security for SMTP 5
Patch 171 resolves various issues in SMS for SMTP 5.0.
Synopsis: Messages are kept on the inbound queue
Formerly, specific messages were not being processed and were left in the
inbound queue. This issue has been resolved.
Synopsis: Messages with certain characters cause issues with the
Formerly, specific messages caused issues with the filter hub resulting in
backups in the outbound queue. This issue has been resolved.
Synopsis: A copy of every NDR is sent to the email address of the
administrator configured during initial setup
Formerly, a copy of every NDR was sent to the email address of the administrator
specified during initial setup even if the email address for the default
administrator was changed using the Administration > Administrators page.
This issue has been resolved.
To install this patch, you must determine the location of your installation,
also called the LOADPOINT.
On Windows, the default location is:
On UNIX, the default location is:
To determine the location:
Locate your LOADPOINT by searching for the value of LOADPOINT in c:\Program Files\Symantec\SMSSMTP\resources.txt
Locate your LOADPOINT by running the following command:
grep "LOADPOINT=" /etc/Symantec/SMSSMTP/resources
To install the patch, follow these steps:
1. Download the zip file.
2. Open up the zip file in order to view the contents.
3. Using the Windows Service Management Console, stop IIS completely (not just the
SMTP Servers). Click OK to stop all IIS related services. Stop the SMS
Filter Hub service.
4. Copy the filter-hub.exe file over the existing file in
5. Copy the mtabase.dll and MTAUtils.dll files over the existing files in
6. Copy the mta-control.vbs file over the existing file in $LOADPOINT\common\sbin
7. Using the Windows Service Management Console, restart IIS and start the SMS
Filter Hub service.
8. Open a command prompt window and cd to the location $LOADPOINT\common\sbin
9. Enter the command: "mta-control.bat all restart"
1. Download the compressed tar file.
2. Unpack the tar file in order to view the contents.
3. Stop the Scanner:
# /etc/init.d/smssmtpmta stop
4. Copy the filter-hub executable file over the existing executable in
5. Restart the Scanner:
# /etc/init.d/smssmtpmta start
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH84870