SMSDOM detected the scan error (Unknown container algorithm) or (Unknown Error)
|Article:TECH84987|||||Created: 2006-01-09|||||Updated: 2011-02-08|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH84987|
You emailed a file that you compressed with WinZip version 10. When that file passes through Symantec Mail Security 5.x for Domino, you see one, or more, of the following messages in the Lotus Domino Server window or in the NAVTASK files:
“SMSDOM detected the Scan error (Unknown Error) in database
"SMSDOM detected the scan error (Unknown container algorithm) in database
You may also see messages in the SAVLOG.NSF under Statistics > Scan Error > Violation
You can open the file with WinZip 10 so you know that the file is not corrupt. You are unable to open the .zip files with other zip utilities.
In order to resolve this problem, please upgrade to the latest available version of Symantec Mail Security for Domino.
In the event you are unable to upgrade to the latest version of Mail Security, please follow the steps below to work around this problem:
- Disable the MAX DEFLATE option in WinZip 10.
- Set Symantec Mail Security 5.x to avoid scanning attachments that have a .zip extension.
SMSDOM 5.x - To set Symantec Mail Security to avoid scanning .zip attachments
- Open the Symantec Mail Security Settings Database (sav.nsf).
- In the Settings view, double-click a server group.
- In the Group document, click Configuration tab,
- Click Inclusions/Exclusions tab.
- Under Attachments, check Scan attachments with specified extensions.
- In the Specified File Extensions text box, type all of the file extensions that you want Symantec Mail Security 5.x for Domino to scan.
Make sure to not include the .zip extension.
- On the action bar, click Save.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH84987