Violation of outbound compliance rule when adding the sender to a group
|Article:TECH85661|||||Created: 2007-01-12|||||Updated: 2012-02-16|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH85661|
When sending outbound message for testing the rule, the message gets delivered normally. However, when adding the sender to the group, the outbound compliance rule gets violated.
Outbound mail and group policies are based on the sender and not the recipient.
- Create two compliance rules, one inbound and one outbound.
- Make the inbound rule belong to the
- Set the outbound rule with same information but apply the rule to the default group only. This will cover all users.
- Leave the rule the way you have it for inbound and outbound.
- Go to Administration > User > Groups
- Click on the default group and click Edit
- Click on Compliance then under "Outbound Content Compliance Policies" add your
- The default group now has this policy set for outbound. This will cover all users.
Add all users that need the rule to the
Here is an example sent outbound from a sender which is not part of any defined group:
2007-10-09T11:35:27-07:00 (INFO:7774.2915711920): 
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH85661