IMLogService Reports Error in Windows Application Event Log: A Message Retrieved From The Queue Exceeded The Set Maximum
|Article:TECH86668|||||Created: 2006-01-11|||||Updated: 2012-08-01|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH86668|
IMLogService Reports one of the following error message in Windows Application Event Log:
A Message Retrieved From The Queue Exceeded The Set Maximum
A message retrieved from the queue exceeded the set maximum message size. Confirm that the correct message queue is being used. If so, use the IMLog Enterprise MMC snap-in to increase the maximum message size.
The Windows Application Event Log shows one of the following error messages after the initial message shown above:
- The IMLogService failed to failed to read a message from the processing message queue because a message was larger than the value listed in the IM Manager Enterprise MMC snap-in.
A corrupted message was found in the processing message queue. The message has been moved to the recovery message queue.
This message is reported when a message is in the IM Manager MSMQ is greater than the maximum message size specified in the IM Manager MMC Snap-In.
To resolve this problem, the maximum message size in IM Manager must be increased and the messages reprocessed.
To increase the maximum message size:
- Open the IM Manager Enterprise MMC snap-in and right-click to select the properties for IM Manager.
- On the Content Logging Configuration tab, increase the value in Maximum Message Size in bytes to 200000 and click OK.
- Restart the IMLogService.
To reprocess the messages:
- First follow the steps in the KB document How to Run the PopQueue tool to remove the messages from the recovery queue. The name of the queue to use with the tool is .\private$\immanagerrecoveryqueue.
- Then follow the steps in the KB document How to Write Messages Into the IM Manager Proccessing Queue to write the messages into the processing queue. The name of the queue to use with the tool is .\private$\immanagerprocessingqueue.
As of IM Manager version 8.4.10 the queue has a maximum message size of 200000 bytes per message. Prior to IM Manager version 8.4.10 the queue has a maximum message size of 100000 bytes per message.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH86668