"An attempt to connect to server \\<Server> failed. Error: The system cannot find the path specified" appears when the push installation of Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers fails.
|Article:TECH87367|||||Created: 2009-01-23|||||Updated: 2013-12-19|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH87367|
Attempting to push install Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers fails with a popup warning "An attempt to connect to server \\<Server> failed. Error: The system cannot find the path specified"
ERROR: Code(3): creating process: Win32_Process::Create
Examining the *Bepushes.log shows the following:
1:(01/29/09 14:23:49)->Creating process: cmd.exe /c md C:\BEW-65EAAC1B70304DA68F0DA4C3BE3C3CFF
1:(01/29/09 14:23:49)->ERROR: Code(3): creating process: Win32_Process::Create
The return value 3 from the create WMI class method shows that the user specified for the push installation has insufficient privileges on the remote server to create a process.
* Bepushes.log is created under the application data folder (..\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec\Logs) of the user used for the push installation.
It is created on the media server from where the push installation is carried out.
1) Belongs to the domain administrators group.
2) Belongs to the local admin group on the server in question.
3) Has the following privileges:
- Act as Part of the Operating System.
- Backup Files and Directories.
- Create a Token Object.
- Logon as a service.
- Manage Auditing and Security Log.
- Restore Files and Directories.
- Take ownership of files and other objects.
- Adjust Memory Quotas for Process Properties.
- Replace a process level token.
- Allow logon locally.
- Logon on as a batch job.
- Backup Operators group.
4) Has sufficient privileges on the remote server in question to create a process via WMI.
Verify if the creation of a process using the create WMI class method on the remote server completes successfully. Refer to MSDN for more information.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH87367