Daylight saving time and Symantec Mail Security products
|Article:TECH89240|||||Created: 2008-01-27|||||Updated: 2013-10-22|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH89240|
Do the Symantec Mail Security products work with daylight saving time (DST)?
Symantec Mail Security products obtain time information in one of three ways:
- From the operating system
- From Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
- From software updates
As long as the operating system, JRE, or the appliance software are updated to support DST, the Mail Security products work correctly with DST.
Products that obtain time from the operating system
- Symantec Hosted Mail Security
- Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange
- Symantec Mail Security for Domino
- Symantec Mail Security 4.1 for SMTP
- Symantec Brightmail AntiSpam 4.0.x
Please refer to the following for operating system/platform updates or information
- For Microsoft Windows: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cp_dst
- For Sun Solaris: http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hubs/dst/
- For Red Hat Linux: http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_80_7909.shtm
- For Domino: http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=899&uid=swg21245334
Products that obtain time from JRE
- Symantec Brightmail AntiSpam 6.0.x
- Symantec Mail Security 5.0 for SMTP
Refer to the following for JRE updates or information
- For the Java TZUpdater tool: http://java.sun.com/javase/timezones/index.html
- Also, read the article "Updating JRE with TZUpdater for Symantec Mail Security products" at http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH85258
Products that require software updates
- Symantec Traffic Shaper
Requires software version 5.1.9-1 or later. Please use the Software Updates feature on the appliance interface to make any necessary updates.
- Symantec Brightmail Gateway
Requires software version 5.0.0-30 or later. Please read the article "Applying software updates to Symantec Mail Security 8200/8300 Series appliance" at TECH85281 to make any necessary updates.
Leap Second adjustments are made to UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) to synchronize it with changes in the earth's rotation. These changes may occur twice per year and do not affect the accurate performance of any version of Mail Security, Brightmail AntiSpam, or the Mail Security Appliances.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH89240