Spam is not detected when Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange (SMSMSE) is installed on an Microsoft Exchange 2007 or later Edge or Hub server
|Article:TECH89485|||||Created: 2008-01-09|||||Updated: 2012-11-13|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH89485|
After installing SMSMSE on a Microsoft Exchange 2007 or later server, and enabling Symantec Premium Antispam (SPA), spam is not being detected.
Premium AntiSpam is installed to a server that is not the first point of contact for mail coming in to the organization.
Remove any front end gateway servers from the internal senders configuration of Exchange:
- Open the Microsoft Exchange Management Console.
- Navigate to Organizational Configuration ->Hub Transport and click the Global Settings tab
- Right click Transport Settings and select Properties
- Click the Message Delivery Tab
- Remove the IP address of the front end or gateway server submitting messages to this Exchange server.
- Click OK.
- Restart the Microsoft Exchange Transport and Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange services.
Spam from front end internal servers should now be detected.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH89485