Support Policy for Symantec's Messaging and Web Security Appliances - Hardware/Software
|Article:TECH89512|||||Created: 2008-01-13|||||Updated: 2012-03-16|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH89512|
What is the Support Policy for Symantec Messaging Gateway (formerly Symantec Brightmail Gateway), Symantec Web Gateway, and Symantec Traffic Shaper (formerly Symantec Brightmail Traffic Shaper), when a hardware or software change is requested?
The following items outline the Symantec Policy for Symantec Messaging Security Appliances and they are valid for all customers:
- No hardware can be replaced or added.
- No root access can be enabled or obtained.
- The installation of third party software is unsupported.
- The installation of software diagnostics tools is unsupported.
- Batteries can be replaced at the direction of the hardware support vendor.
- Only the vendor can instruct customers to reseat hardware parts during troubleshooting.
- The software will not be installed/supported under non-standard hardware platforms.
NOTE: Non-adherence to these policies will take the appliance out of full support. If an appliance is not under full support, Symantec can require a customer to restore the appliance to its unmodified state before providing any additional support.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH89512