Error Message After Installation: "Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\Symantec\SMSMSE\
\Server\SAVFMSELU.dll failed to register"
|Article:TECH89897|||||Created: 2008-01-11|||||Updated: 2013-10-23|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH89897|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
At the end of the installation of Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange (SMSMSE), this error message appears:
Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\Symantec\SMSMSE\6.0\Server\SAVFMSELU.dll failed to register. HRESULT – 2147220473. Contact your support personnel.
- The SMSMSE services are working.
- LiveUpdate does not download definitions for SMSMSE.
- Liveupdate error code LU1803 .
- The Log.Liveupdate contains errors like 0x802A0006.
SMSMSE installer was not able to register the SAVFMSELU.dll.
Symantec is aware of this issue. Subscribe to this article as it is updated as more information is available.
Register SMSMSE with LiveUpdate manually using the steps in this article: How to Register Symantec Mail Security for Exchange (SMSMSE) With LiveUpdate Manually.
If registering the DLL does not resolve the issue uninstall Liveupdate and reinstall it.
- Uninstall LiveUpdate via Add/Remove Programs.
- Rename the LiveUpdate folder under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec.
- Download the latest Enterprise products version of LiveUpdate for Windows, lusetup.exe, from ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/liveupdate/3.3.0/.
- Double-click lusetup.exe to install LiveUpdate.
- Then register the SMSMSE DLL using the instructions above.
If there are still issues use the following article to troubleshoot the LiveUpdate installation: How to Troubleshoot a failed Windows LiveUpdate installation.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH89897