Applying a license (.SLF) file for Symantec Mail Security for Exchange
|Article:TECH90515|||||Created: 2008-01-14|||||Updated: 2013-10-22|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH90515|
When viewing the Admin > Licensing screen in the SMSMSE Console, one or more licenses show as Not Licensed, Expired, or about to Expire.
You wish to know how to install a new SLF file on Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange (SMSMSE) 5.x and higher.
Install the license file with the following steps:
- Open the SMSMSE console on the Exchange server.
- On the left menu, choose Admin > Licensing.
- Once on the Licensing screen click Browse... and browse to the new license file location on the hard drive, network drive, or flash drive.
- After selecting the license file click Install.
- Check the license status at the top of the licensing screen to verify that the license was installed and accepted.
If the license includes Symantec Premium Anti Spam, the following prompt may be seen:
Symantec Premium Antispam license installed on the server <your server name>
For information on how to enable and configure Premium AntiSpam, please refer to "Configuring Symantec Premium AntiSpam to detect spam" on page 121 in the Symantec Mail Security Implementation guide for Exchange 2003, or on page 117 in the Symantec Mail Security Implementation guide for Exchange Server 2007/2010.
The implementation guides are supplied under the DOCS subdirectory of the Symantec Mail Security installation files.
You may also click Help and Contents (Ctrl + F1) within the Mail Security for Exchange console. Then Select the appropriate server version you are working with.
Alternatively, the manuals can be downloaded from the Symantec Website, by selecting the version, at the following URL:
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH90515