How to change a Symantec Endpoint Protection client from unmanaged to managed in MR3 and later
|Article:TECH90761|||||Created: 2008-01-07|||||Updated: 2009-01-25|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH90761|
You need to convert an unmanaged Symantec Endpoint Protection client to a managed client.
To change the client from unmanaged to managed
- Log on to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Console.
- In the Console, in the left pane, click Clients.
- In the View Clients column, select the group to which you want to assign the unmanaged client.
- Right-click the selected group, then click Export Communication Settings at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- In Export Communication Settings, in the group name dialog box, click Browse. The default selection is My Documents.
- In the Select Export File dialog, locate the folder to which you want to export the sylink.xml file, and click OK.
- In the Export Group Registration Setting for group name dialog box, select one of the following options:
- To apply the policies from the group from which the computer is a member, click Computer Mode.
- To apply the policies from the group from which the user is a member, click User Mode.
- Click Export.
If the file name already exists, click OK to overwrite it, or Cancel to save the file with a new file name.
- Copy the file to the desktop of the unmanaged computer.
- Open the client interface on the unmanaged computer.
- Click on Help and Support and select Troubleshooting.
- Click Import, browse to the .xml file exported from the Manager, and click OK.
How to change a Symantec Endpoint Protection client from unmanaged to managed in MR1 and MR2
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH90761