SEP 11 Client does not communicate with the Manager Server Console
|Article:TECH91093|||||Created: 2008-01-25|||||Updated: 2011-10-04|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH91093|
The client does not communicate with the management server.
- The client does not get content updates.
- The client does not display a green dot in the task bar.
- The client does not display a green dot in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager console.
- Standard communication troubleshooting, as described in the document Symantec Endpoint Protection: Troubleshooting Client/Server Connectivity, fails.
- User-initiated communications over HTTP work correctly, but any applications running as System cannot send or receive HTTP traffic.
The client uses the System account internet settings. This problem can happen if the System account is set to work offline.
To solve the problem, change the System account's internet settings.
To change the System account internet settings
- Click Start > Run, type Regedit, and then click OK.
- Go to the following key:
- In the right pane, double-click GlobalUserOffline, then change the value to 0.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH91093