Over time, files accumulate in the Temp folder for Scan Engine 5.x
|Article:TECH91347|||||Created: 2008-01-11|||||Updated: 2008-01-15|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH91347|
Over time, files accumulate in the temporary scanning folder for Scan Engine 5.x
The following conditions are know to mask, amplify, or cause this behavior: - A realtime file system utility has locked access to the temp files at the time Scan Engine attempts to delete the file, at the end of the scan. - If Scan Engine 5.x terminates unexpectedly for any reason, the files being processed at that time are left in the Temp folder. - Errors have occurred in the hard drive hardware or driver for the filesystem where \Scan Engine\Temp is located.
- Review logs to determine if errors occurred in the hard drive or drivers for the filesystem where the Temp folder for Scan Engine is located.
- Review logs to determine if Scan Engine has terminated unexpectedly. Troubleshoot as per relevant error.
- If the Email Tools component of Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition is installed, remove it.
- If Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition is configured to scan files on network shares, disable it.
- If Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition is installed, configure it to exclude the Temp folder from real-time, scheduled, and manual scans.
Title: Error: "Faulting application symcscan.exe, version 126.96.36.199, faulting module symcscan.exe, version 188.8.131.52, fault address 0x0006d38e."
Title: Error: "Faulting application symcscan.exe, version 184.108.40.206, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.3959, fault address 0x0004afb2"
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH91347