Sametime Multiparty Chats Close Unexpectedly with Error Message: Chat Services are not Available
|Article:TECH91490|||||Created: 2008-01-18|||||Updated: 2012-01-26|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH91490|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
- The participants are kicked out of the Multiparty chat with the error message:
Chat services are not available
- The affected users are using Sametime IM Clients.
- The content of the conversation is being blocked by IM Manager.
1. Logon to the IM Manager Adminstrator Web UI.
2. Click on Status->System->Dashboard
3. In the Policy actions summary table find the Content Filtering column.
4. For each occurrence of this issue the count in the Content Filtering field will increase.
There is a known defect in IM Manager where content filtering actions are incorrectlly affecting multiparty chats.
Symantec is aware of this issue. This article is updated as more information is available. Subscribe to the article to receive updates.
From the Sametime client, close the current multi-party chat window. Start a new multi-party chat.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH91490