System Requirements for installing Symantec Mail Security for Domino MPE on OS/400
|Article:TECH91638|||||Created: 2009-01-06|||||Updated: 2014-01-22|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH91638|
What are the minimum requirements for installing Symantec Mail Security for Domino (SMSDOM)— Multi-Platform Edition (MPE) on OS/400?
It is necessary to have the password to the QSECOFR user profile and administrator level privileges to the Domino server to install Symantec Mail Security for Domino MPE.
The minimum system requirements for OS/400 is as follows:
- Operating system: OS/400 V5R2 or later (V5R4 and newer have not been QA tested / certified)
- Domino server: 6.0.2 or later, 6.5. or later, 7.0 or later
Certification for Domino7.0.4 through Domino8.0.2 added in SMSDOM-MPE3.2.5.
Certification for Domino8.5.0 added in SMSDOM-MPE3.2.7.
- Lotus Notes: 6.0.4 or later, 6.5.2 or later, 7.0 or later
- Available disk space: 85 MB in the QNOTES user profile,
85 MB in the QSECOFR user profile
- Java: AS/400 Developer Kit for Java, 5769JV1
The Developer Kit for Java might not be installed by default.
Use DSPSFWRSC to verify that the Developer Kit for Java is installed. Installation will fail if the Developer Kit for Java is not installed.
- QSHELL: Use DSPSFWRSC to verify that QSHELL is installed.
NOTE: Symantec Technical Support provides "best effort" support for OS/Domino/SMSDOM-MPE combinations which have not yet been certified.
For a list of supported operating systems:
The latest version of Java and Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction can be downloaded from:
SMSDOM-MPE Help (savmpehelp.nsf) Patch for iSeries (AS400)
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH91638