How to install a license in Symantec Protection Center Small Business Edition
|Article:TECH91894|||||Created: 2009-01-19|||||Updated: 2009-01-24|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH91894|
How is a license installed for the Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition?
To acquire a license, log onto the Symantec Protection Center console.
- Click Start> Programs> Symantec Protection Center> Symantec Protection Center Console.
- In the Symantec Protection Center log-on prompt, in the User Name box, type the Username: admin.
- In the Password box, type the admin password that you created during installation, and then click Log on.
- This may take several seconds the first time you log into the console.
- Once you have successfully logged into the console for the first time, a Welcome message will be displayed. Select Activate your product and then click Close.
Applying a new license to the Symantec Protection Center console.
- Locate and click on the Admin tab located along the lower left side of the page.
- Click on Licenses at the bottom left.
- Then click on Activate a new license under Tasks.
- Browse to the location of your new license file.
- Highlight the license file and click import to license your product.
Symantec Protection Center Console Licensing Status
- When viewing the Home Tab, the License status will be shown.
- The Console Licensing Status has six possible states.
- Over Deployed
- Trial Expires - Within 7 Days
- Trial Expired
- Expires - Within 60 Days
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH91894