How to Create Scanning Exceptions for both Managed and Unmanaged Symantec Endpoint Protection Clients
|Article:TECH91951|||||Created: 2009-01-21|||||Updated: 2010-01-15|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH91951|
How do you create a file or folder exclusion for Auto-Protect for both an unmanaged and managed SEP client?
How to set up Exclusions for a Managed Client:
- Launch the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Console.
- Select the Policies option from the left-hand column.
- Select Centralized Exceptions from the "View Policies" section.
- Select the Add a Centralized Exception Policy... from the "Tasks" section.
- After naming the policy, select the Centralized Exceptions tab on the left-hand portion of the screen.
- Select Add and select the desired exclusion type and enter in your exclusion (Note: You will be able to create exclusions for Security Risk Exceptions, TruScan Proactive Threat Scan Exceptions, and Tamper Protection Exceptions.)
- Once your exclusion is set, select OK and then follow through the prompts for assigning the Exclusion policy to your groups.
How to set up Exclusions for an Unmanaged Client:
- Open the Symantec Endpoint Protection Client interface.
- Select "Change Settings" from the left-hand column.
- Select Configure Settings for "Antivirus and Antispyware Protection."
- Select the "File System Auto-Protect" tab.
- Select the Centralized Exceptions button.
- Select Add and select the desired exclusion type and enter in your exclusion.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH91951