Potential Symantec Endpoint Protection content definition corruption
|Article:TECH92043|||||Created: 2009-01-27|||||Updated: 2012-10-04|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH92043|
One of the following is true:
- Definitions fail to update
- Definition information in the Windows registry is different from the information in the usage.dat file
- There are duplicate product definition entries in the usage.dat file
- The usage.dat product entries are using different definitions
Note: To quickly check if this issue exists or has been resolved on the system in question, download and run SymHelp.
Corruption of virus definitions may have many causes. Two contexts should be considered when responding to potentially corrupted content definitions on a given machine:
- Is the content definition corruption believed to be a one-time issue with a particular suspected one-time cause?
- Is the content definition corruption a recurring issue on this or across multiple machines?
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH92043