How to perform Hardware Diagnostics for the Symantec Brightmail Gateway/Messaging Gateway/Traffic Shaper/Web Gateway Appliance
|Article:TECH92249|||||Created: 2009-01-06|||||Updated: 2012-11-07|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH92249|
When you suspect, or are notified of a hardware situation on a Symantec Brightmail Gateway/Messaging Gateway/Traffic Shaper/Web Gateway Appliance, then consider providing Symantec Technical Support a hardware diagnostics.
WARNING: Performing a hardware diagnostics requires the Symantec Brightmail Gateway/Messaging Gateway/Traffic Shaper/Web Gateway Appliance to be down, please prepare accordingly.
- Reboot Server
- During Power On Self Test, (POST), press F10
- It will indicate Enter Utility Mode in the upper right-hand corner when successfully pressed
- Select Run
- System Diagnostics
- Select Express Test
- Extended Test would be recommended for a comprehensive evaluation
- View Information
- The customer will be able to view the test result and error
- Close out of System Diagnostics
- Click the close icon in the upper right-hand corner of the window interface
- Get the Service Tag from the appliance
NOTE: In situations where the utility partition has been removed from the Appliance, the customer will need to download hardware diagnostics in the form of an .exe file from support.dell.com. Look for the .bin file.
For references on steps necessary to acquire and run the Dell Hardware Diagnostics, please visit:
How to Run the Dell 32-bit Diagnostics Utility
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH92249