System requirements for Symantec Scan Engine 5.2 on Windows
|Article:TECH93433|||||Created: 2009-01-14|||||Updated: 2010-01-01|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH93433|
You seek information on the system requirements of Symantec Scan Engine 5.2 on Windows platforms.
The following are the system requirements for Windows.
- Windows 2000 Server with the latest service pack
- Windows Server 2003 (32-bit)
- Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-bit)
- Windows Server 2003 and R2 (64-bit) (requires Scan Engine 5.2.4 or later)
- Windows Server 2008 (32-bit or 64-bit) (requires Scan Engine 5.2.4 or later)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (32-bit or 64-bit) (requires Scan Engine 5.2.5 or later)
NOTE: Symantec Scan Engine runs in 32-bit mode on 64-bit Windows platforms.
- Pentium 4 processor 1 GHz or higher
- 1GB of RAM or higher
- 500 MB of hard disk space
- 1 network interface card (NIC) running TCP/IP with a static IPv4 address
- Internet connection to update definitions
- 100 Mbit/s Ethernet link (1 Gbit/s recommended)
- J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 Update 13 or later (within version 5) installed
- J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE) 6.0 installed for Scan Engine 5.2.5
NOTE: The most current version of JRE 5.0 and 6.0 at the time of product ship are provided on the product CD in the following folder:
The web interface of Scan Engine supports the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 (SP1) or later
- Mozilla Firefox 1.5 or later
NOTE: Whichever browser you use, you must link the java plugin executable for JRE 5.0 update 13 or later. The browser must have network connectivity to the IPv4 location and port which corresponds to the machine where Scan Engine is serving its web interface.
Note that Solaris 9 has Mozilla 1.7 available. The user interface of Scan Engine does not support Mozilla 1.7 on Solaris.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH93433