How to create a client install setting to remove previous logs, policies and reset the client-server communication settings.
|Article:TECH93617|||||Created: 2009-01-24|||||Updated: 2010-01-05|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH93617|
Policies or communications settings from prior client installs are possibly causing communication issues with SEPM. How do I create an install package to clear these previous settings?
You deploy a client install package to a machine where an earlier build of Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 is installed and the migrated installation does not communicate with the SEPM. You check Help and Support, Troubleshooting, and the Server shows as Off-line.
There are multiple causes for client to SEPM communication failure. Creating a client install setting to clean previous client communication settings is only one of several recommended procedures to troubleshoot communication issues.
Creating Custom Client Install Setting.
- In the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Console, click the Admin icon.
- Click the Install Packages option.
- Under View Install Packages, click Client Install Settings.
- Under Tasks, click Add Client Install Settings.
- Enter a name for this setting In the Name field.
- Under Client Installation Settings, select the preferred settings.
- Under Upgrade settings, select Remove all previous logs and policies, and reset the client-server communication settings and then click OK.
The Client Install Setting must be applied to an install package which can be created using the Export Client Install Package function.
- Launch the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Console.
- Click the Admin icon and then click Install Packages at the bottom under Tasks. You will now see the current default client install packages on the right.
- Under View Install Packages, Click Client Install Packages.
- Ensure that the appropriate install package (32-bit or 64-bit) is selected in the right pane.
- Under Tasks click Export client install package.
- Browse to or create a preferred export folder and select it.
- Select whether or not you want to create a single ".exe". (recommended)
- Select Custom Install Settings from the settings drop-down list. Select the Client Install Setting you created and saved in the above Creating your new custom install package instructions.
- Select the desired features from the second drop-down list.
- Select the group that the client will be installed to. If no group has been created select Default group.
- Click OK and a progress indicator will appear as the new install package is created in the location specified.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH93617