Disaster Recovery for the Symantec Protection Center
|Article:TECH94393|||||Created: 2009-01-06|||||Updated: 2009-01-30|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH94393|
How to do disaster recovery for the Symantec Protection Center.
1. Take a Backup of the Server Private Key folder from C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Protection Center.
2. Take a Backup of the database through "Database Backup and Restore" wizard.
3. Uninstall Symantec Protection Center.
(After uninstalling SPC copy the backup of the Server Private Key folder to C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Protection Center.)
4. Re-Install Symantec Protection Center.
(While installing the SPC it will ask you to restore the "Server Private Key" click Yes.)
Once the installation completes successfully.
5. Stop the Symantec Protection Center service.
6. Restore the database using the "Database Backup and Restore wizard". Restoring the database might take a while depending on the size.
(Note: If you restore the database, the license files are restored with the database.)
7. Start the SPC Service. If needed run the Management Server Configuration Wizard afterward.
8. After some time all the clients will start reporting to the Symantec Protection Center.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH94393