Symantec Mail Security 8.0 for Domino marks messages as dead with multiple mail.box files
|Article:TECH94457|||||Created: 2009-01-10|||||Updated: 2014-10-06|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH94457|
After installing Symantec Mail Security 8.0 for Domino (SMSDOM 8.0) on a Domino Messaging Server with more than one mail.box file, multiple messages are marked as DEAD.
- After scanning messages, SMSDOM 8.0 marks the messages as DEAD.
- SMSDOM 8.0 is installed on a Domino Messaging Server with multiple mail.box files.
This problem is fixed in Symantec Mail Security 8.0.1 for Domino. To obtain the latest release, read Obtaining an update or an upgrade for a Symantec Corporate product.
If you cannot upgrade to version 8.0.1, you can work around the problem by configuring Domino to use only one mail.box file.
To set multiple MAIL.BOX databases for a server
- Open the Server Configuration document that applies to that server
- Click the Router/SMTP-Basics tab
- In the 'Number of mailboxes' field, type '1'
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH94457