How to upgrade to Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange 6.0.9 on Exchange 2007
|Article:TECH95218|||||Created: 2009-01-27|||||Updated: 2009-01-13|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH95218|
You have an earlier version of Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange 6 already installed on your Exchange Server 2007 mailbox server. You want to know how to update to Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange 6.0.9.
There is a new system requirement when updating to Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange (SMSMSE) 6.0.9 on an Exchange Server 2007 mailbox server. In order to support manual and scheduled scans in Exchange 2007 you must, first, install a Microsoft component, Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects (MAPI/CDO) 1.2.1.
This component must be downloaded from Microsoft. It is available from the following Microsoft Web site:
This URL is provided for your convenience. Symantec does not accept any responsibility for changes made to this Microsoft URL. If you need assistance locating the Microsoft component, MAPI/CDO 1.2.1, we suggest that you contact Microsoft for assistance
To download SMSMSE 6.0.9, follow the steps in the document, “Where to download the latest version of Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange”
Once you have downloaded SMSMSE 6.0.9, follow these steps to update to SMSMSE 6.0.9:
- Install the new system requirement, MAPI/CDO. If Outlook is installed on your Exchange Server 2007 mail box server, you will be prompted to remove Outlook when you install MAPI/CDO 1.2.1.
- Double-click the file you downloaded to unzip it.
- Go to the location of the unzipped files.
- Open the SIFMSMSE folder.
- Open the Install folder.
- Double-click Setup.exe.
- In the Reinstalling Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange panel, click Next.
- In the Exchange Transport Service Reset Options panel, click Next to accept the default setting to automatically restart the Exchange Transport Service after installation.
If you choose not to automatically restart the Exchange Transport Service after installation, you must do so manually. Otherwise, Mail Security will not function properly.
- In the SMSMSE service is currently running dialog box click Yes.
- Click Finish.
The option "Show the readme file" is checked by default. The Readme file contains information that is not available in the product documentation.
- In the restart dialog box do one of the following. Some components of SMSMSE will not work properly until you restart your system.
- Click Yes to restart your system
- Click No to restart later
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH95218